___________________________________________________________

Friday, February 09, 2007

Stadio chaos infuriates Spinelli

The Lega Calcio have ruled out possible strike action – but Livorno chief Aldo Spinelli insists playing behind closed doors is still the wrong decision.

The Italian Government passed new strict safety regulations this week, in the aftermath of the Catania riots, and the Armando Picchi is just one of numerous arenas which don’t meet the necessary requirements.

"Livorno just can’t close its stadium," fumed the fiery Spinelli. "I will fight on until I die.

"After all we have done over the past few months I cannot believe that they want to close our facilities.

"UEFA told us what was needed to meet their safety regulations and when we finally got our licence I was in seventh heaven.

"We never stopped with the renovation work at the Picchi, not even when we were granted special dispensation to use the arena anyway.

"Our fans have never done anything wrong and I don’t see why they should pay. I can’t agree with the fact that some stadiums will open – it has to be all or nothing."


Source: C4 Football Italia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home